Let me open with an apology to say that the delay in posting these awards is no reflection of my appreciation for receiving them.
First I received the THE GOURDQUEENS SCREAM AWARD from the inimitable Crow (Michelle) at the Studio at Crow Haven Farm. I have always loved her stuff so give her a visit.
Those of you who know the Gourdqueen know that when she sees something incredible or something that excites her, she shows her enthusiasm by typing "SCREAM". This award is to be shared with anyone whose blog you just love. Whether it's their art, their interests, the things they share, you just simply love to visit their blog!
This is what you do:
1. Accept the award then post it on your blog with the name and link of the person's blog who shared this award with you.
2. Explain the award.
3. Then share the award with with blogs that make you SCREAM! Please tell what makes their blog so special to you. Be sure to let them know they have received the award.
Also you can share this award again if you run across more bloggers that make you SCREAM!
2 out of 3 ain't a bad start, is it?
Next I was given the UBER AWARD from Jeanne over at Candy Corn Chronicles. I enjoy Jeanne's blog for her art, variety and beautiful pix.
Uber (synonym to Super) Amazing Blog Award is a blog award given to sites who:
~ inspires you
~ makes you smile and laugh
~ or maybe gives amazing information
~ a great read
~ has an amazing design
~ and any other reasons you can think of that makes them uber amazing!
The rules of this award are:
* Put the logo on your blog or post.
* Nominate at least 5 blogs (can be more) that for you are Uber Amazing!
* Let them know that they have received this Uber Amazing award by commenting on their blog.
* Share the love and link to this post and to the person you received your award from.
Thanks to both Crow and Jeanne!! I am a bad blogger for skipping the nominations but I have a winged deer corpse to work on.
Thursday, July 2, 2009 Old House at Kents Store
This beautiful old house is located at Kents Store Virginia. We wanted to share them with you but only had the cell for pictures.
There is a hole at the base of this old tree. A dark something darted into it as we approached. It appeared to be the size of a small child.
We could hear a faint wail if we pressed our ear right up to the opening and stayed very still.