We decided that the deer corpse needed wings. After some consideration we settled on bat wings, and even found a bat wing calculator (you gotta love the internet) from the good people at Zombietronix.
PVC seemed logical and aluminum worked well for the hinge joints. Though it won't be animated we did want to be able to change wing position to fit her mood. As pictured the elbow and finger joints can be individually actuated. Bruin (Boo) thought he could bring some scale to the photo - he's 70 pounds. He even busted out his psychological thriller expression to add depth.
There is much finish work to be done to turn the PVC to bone and we are still debating the best material to use for the membrane.